This is a quick list of some of the best places in Florence. Check it and enjoy!
1. Mercatini di Natale :: One of the most famous is the Weihnachtsmarkt, the traditional German Christmas market in piazza Santa Croce. You can taste Tuscan products as well as food, wine and beer from all over Europe. Also, in Piazza Santissima Annunziata you’ll find a little fair called Fierucola dell’Immacolata.
2. San Giovanni Baptistery :: A masterpiece of Florentine Romanesque architecture. The interior of the dome is decorated with mosaics. The splendid bronze doors (including the Door of Paradise) were made by Andrea Pisano and Lorenzo Ghiberti.
3. Treasury of the Grand Dukes :: Located in the rooms on the ground floor at Palazzo Pitti in Florence, visitors can admire precious objects of all kinds, like gems, cameos, pietre dure, ivories and jewellery, all documenting the royal pomp and collecting tastes of the dynasties that succeeded each other in Tuscany.
4. La Specola Museum:: Special pride of this amazing Museum is the collection of anatomical wax models, which had its moment of maximum splendour and technical-scientific accuracy in the 1700s.
5. Opificio delle Pietre Dure Museum :: The museum hosts a collection of works dating from the 16th to 19th centuries that have remained in the Opificio’s workshops, offering visitors a centuries-long journey through art and history.
6. Salone dei Cinquecento :: Is the largest and most important room in the historic-artistic style of Palazzo Vecchio in Florence. The hall has a length of 54 meters, a width of 23 and a height of 18 meters. By volume it is the biggest room in Italy for the management of civil power.
Our favourites from the list:
Museo La Specola